Eco Ice Skating
Skater’s code of conduct
Skater’s Code of Conduct and Risk Agreement Assumptions
• Skating is entirely at your own risk. The management will not be responsible for any loss or injury incurred.
• Skaters and Spectators understand and agree to the following:
• By engaging in skating both skaters and spectators are deemed to have knowledge of, and assume the risk of skating which include but are not limited to the following:
a) Injuries that result from collision or contact with other skaters or other individuals who are on the skating surface
b) Injuries that result from falls
c) Injuries that involve objects or artificial structures that is within the properly intended path of travel of the skater
Ice Rink users Code of Conduct
Ice skating should be FUN; however it can also be hazardous. All skaters are reminded that they skate at their own risk.
To ensure an enjoyable and safe environment please ensure you follow the Rink Rules and read the following information before you use our facilities.
• Please listen to the Ice Stewards at all times.
• No littering.
• No entry onto the ice without skates.
• We recommend wearing gloves, thick socks and clothing which covers arms and legs whilst skating.
• Remove objects from pockets whilst skating.
• No bags, phones or cameras on the ice.
• No MP3 players or other headsets.
• Do not eat or drink on the ice.
• Do not play tag or any other games on the ice.
• Do not skate in chains (three holding hands is allowed).
• No carrying of others including children and infants.
• No anti-social behaviour. (This includes shouting, swearing, spitting, fighting, vandalism, petting, bullying and boisterousness).
• No loitering on the ice - please keep moving.
• Please skate in an anti-clockwise direction only (unless instructed otherwise by the Ice Stewards).
• Please ensure that you have read and understand the skater's code of conduct below and this is explained to your friends and family visiting the ice rink.
Skaters and Spectators also agree to:
• Maintain reasonable control of his/her speed at all times
• Maintain a proper lookout to avoid other skaters, objects or conditions on the surface of the rink
• Accept responsibility for knowing the range of his/her abilities while on skates, and skate within the limits of that ability and as appropriate to the session on which he/she is skating
• Not skate whilst under the influence of drugs, alcohol or other control impairing substance, any persons under the influence will be asked to leave the premises.
• Leave the surface of the ice when resurfacing maintenance is taking place, when sessions end or as directed by staff
• Refrain from instigating or becoming involved in any type of altercations with any other skater or spectator and engaging in abusive, abrasive or disorderly conduct, this type of behaviour will not be tolerated.
• Do not sit or climb over the barrier.
The Ice Stewards decision on accessing the ice is final. Access is entirely at staff/management discretion.
Skaters that are asked to leave or are removed from the Ice Rink area will not be refunded their session fee if they are found to be breaking this Code of Conduct.
✔ Do always listen to and obey the instructions given by our ice marshals or staff
✔ Do put your skates on in the skate changing area, using the seating provided
✔ Do bring your own skates if you have them
✔ Do skate in an anti-clockwise direction unless directed otherwise
✔ Do put litter in bins provided
✔ Do ensure your skates are fitted correctly
✔ Do wear suitable attire (warm socks, coat, hat, scarf, gloves, etc)
✔ Do try to keep noise to an acceptable level (i.e. no screaming)
✔ Do report any accidents to a member of staff
✘ Do not smoke anywhere at the ice rink and do not litter
✘ Do not go on the ice without skates
✘ Do not wear “hoodies” with the hood up
✘ Do not take mobile phones, bags, cameras or similar devices onto the ice
✘ Do not eat, drink or chew on the ice
✘ Do not play tag or any other games on the ice
✘ Do not sit or climb on the rink barrier
✘ Do not skate across the middle of the ice or against the flow of other skaters
✘ Do not skate in “chains’ or “trains” which are three or more people holding each-other as they skate. Note: Two persons holding hands is allowed
✘ Do not carry children and infants
✘ Do not stand still or gather in groups whilst on the ice
✘ Don’t spin, jump or attempt acrobatic tricks, these aren’t allowed on the rink
In keeping with our “leave no trace” policy, our Eco-Ice Rink uses the latest technology to create a unique skating surface that looks and feels like ice, without the vast amounts of water and electricity needed to sustain a traditional ice rink. Children and adults alike will delight in the opportunity to enjoy a genuine ice skating experience that is both magical and environmentally responsible at the same time.
TICKETS ON SALE OCTOBER 1ST 9AM
Announcing the Wicklow Christmas Market Eco-Ice Rink! We are always looking for ways to add more holiday magic to our market, and this year is no exception. We are excited to announce that our eco Ice rink will be bigger and better this year with a 60% increase in rink size.
Glide along the ice to the sounds of your favourite Christmas carols while the smell of mouth-watering delights waft through the air, creating the feeling of Christmas all around you. Whether your skating is as graceful as the Sugar Plum Fairy, swift like Santa’s reindeer on Christmas Eve, or if sitting and watching the world go by is more your speed.
Hear Ye, Hear Ye!
Don’t miss out! Book your Ice skating tickets from Oct 1st 9am
Dates: 18th November to December 17th 2023
Times: Various as per our Booking Calendar.
Early Bird Ticket Prices below:
€13.95 (Child) 4+
Under 12's must be accompanied by an adult. Suitable for aged 4+
Be Safe on the Ice
All skaters, or guardians of younger skaters, are required to sign a release of liability waiver before taking to the ice.
Warm yourself with Christmas cheer as you browse our artisan craft, gift food & drink stalls.
Eco Ice Skating
Lace up your skates for a spin on our eco-friendly ice rink - all the fun of a real ice rink, but without the chills.
Hop onboard the Santa Express with our cheeky elves. Visit Mrs Claus for a song & story, before you visit Santa and receive your special gift.